Description de l'offre d'emploi
Reporting to the CEO as designate in his absence, and working collaboratively with the senior leadership team and board, the Executive Vice President and Chief Ministry Officer is a key member of a transformational, integrated, growth focused senior leadership team that directly impacts organizational success by developing and leading transformational, high quality ministry programs with excellence and implementing structures and program inputs that directly impact the diverse constituencies served by TSM, including: Women and Family Ministries (Food Bank, Clothing, Prayer Groups, Camps); Men’s Ministries (Ministry & Worship, Food, Drop-In, Recreation, Visitation, Outreach, plus a range of other supports and services); Childcare Centre; Camp Ministries; Child and Youth Programs (Summer camps and After School Programs); Housing Recovery; Life Skills; Advocacy; Client Retreats and Volunteer Management. Additionally, the EVP/Chief of Ministry provides leadership to Media Relations, Public Engagement, Advocacy and Government Relations.
The Scott Mission is a Christian ministry of mercy and love. It aims to meet the needs of people with love and compassion and seek to bring spiritual, physical, and emotional wholeness to their lives.
The Scott Mission was founded in 1941 by Rev. Morris and Mrs. Annie Zeidman as a non-denominational Christian organization responding to the needs of the poor, homeless, abandoned and vulnerable of all ages. Based in Toronto, the Mission offers practical, emotional and spiritual support to thousands of people every year.
While religious belief and practice are never conditions for receiving help and assistance, and everyone is welcome regardless of faith background, The Scott Mission is committed to the spiritual well-being of all people through the life and witness of Jesus Christ. Their hope is for everyone to have a personal relationship with Jesus, and to express this relationship in a life of integrity and in acts of compassion toward others.
The Mission is privately funded and employs over 100 dedicated staff at 502 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, its Family Centre in East York, the Collingwood Retreat Centre and its Summer Camp in Caledon.
Building on the vision of its founders, The Scott Mission has remained Christ-centred in all its programs and services. It was Morris and Annie Zeidman’s belief that the hunger of the soul needed to be addressed as well as the hunger of the physical body.
Areas of accountability and shared success for all senior leaders at The Scott Mission:
- Shapes Vision and Strategy;
- Leads Sustainable Transformational Change and Continuous Improvement;
- Demonstrates an Uncompromising Commitment to Operational Excellence;
- Provides strong spiritual leadership that is evidenced by a Christ-centred life and vibrant personal faith journey;
- Leads with Character that is God-inspired and aligned with TSM Values and Statement of Faith;
- Shapes and Models an Inspiring and Transformational Organizational Culture;
- Invites, Embraces and Facilitates Innovation and Agility;
- Champions Talent to build transformational capability, impact and outcomes, and recognizes high achievement at all levels of the organization;
- Decisions and Actions focus on clients as stakeholders, modeling strong servant leadership that embraces and celebrates the value of all those we serve, and aims to positively impact poverty issues in Toronto.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- The Executive Vice-President and Chief Ministry Officer demonstrates broad and deep experience as a C-Suite Leader enabling him/her to proactively lead with vision to transform TSM strategy at the highest level of the organization, to lead and model a culture of transformation, growth and agility, and to effectively execute programs through leadership of multiple ministry and programs managers;
- Alongside the CEO, the EVP and Chief Ministry Officer will be the most senior external facing member of the senior leadership team and will be the key internal communicator representing the CEO;
- The EVP and Chief Ministry Officer will serve in a direct line of succession to the CEO and act as the designate in the CEO’s absence;
- Champion development of Ministry talent to build capability for transformational impact;
- Effectively lead and manage an annual budget that demonstrates respectful and prudent stewardship of the resources entrusted to us.
Ministry/Program Strategy and Quality
- Develops and leads strategic plans, operational structures, resourcing requirements and quality standards that identify new ministry opportunities, and drive innovation and quality in the content and delivery of ministries and programs to position TSM as a leader in transformational ministry and program delivery and reflect TSM’s vision, mission and commitment to serving with excellence;
- Review current ministry and program offerings to audit quality and effectiveness and identify gaps and opportunities to increase excellence and transformational outcomes;
- Works in close collaboration with the Chief Development Officer to ensure fundraising activities reflect ministry and program objectives and outcomes, as well as with the Chief Transformational Officer/COO to ensure properties are pro-actively managed to support ministry and program requirements and meet health, safety and accessibility standards for clients, staff and volunteers;
- Walk alongside and engage with individual and client communities to understand their unique realities and invite their partnership in developing programs that meet immediate needs and support long-term, sustainable transformation;
- Understand the risks and spiritual intersections involved in ministry programs to vulnerable persons delivered across multiple program offerings and properties;
- Ensure that ministry and program decisions are informed and guided by the use of reliable, evidence-based data.
- Develop and lead communications plans and key messages for use with media outlets, internal and external stakeholders;
- Act on the CEO’s behalf as the chief internal communicator, freeing the CEO to focus on external engagement with major funders, corporate/foundation donors and local government funders and decision makers.
Ministry/Program Staff and Volunteer Leadership
- Provide leadership direction and support that ignites the passion of staff teams and volunteers to deliver ministry and programs to achieve outcomes and quality standards;
- Builds the capacity of ministry and program leaders to support staff and volunteer teams to optimize their performance and increase the value and program experience of clients.
- Commitment to TSM Statement of Faith;
- Compliance with TSM policies and practices;
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
Education: Master’s of Theology; MBA; Degree or Credentials in Executive Leadership; Graduate in Social Work
Professional Certifications: A professional designation in communications or public relations would be an asset.
Minimum number of year’s related experience required to competently perform the work: Minimum 10 years experience in a ministry and program leadership role serving diverse and vulnerable urban populations, including participation on a senior leadership or executive team in a complex and demanding matrix organization.
Knowledge and Skills:
The Executive Vice-President and Chief Ministry Officer will bring broad and deep experience as a C-Suite Leader enabling him/her to proactively to lead with vision to transform TSM strategy at the highest level of the organization, to lead and model a culture of transformation, growth and agility, and to effectively execute programs through leadership of multiple ministry and program managers;
- Results-oriented and solutions focused, with evidence of having worked as a true strategy leader, transformational partner and 2IC to the CEO, C-Level Executive Team and Board;
- Successful leader and subject matter expert in complex and diverse ministry and program strategy, delivery models, structures, evaluation and assessment methods, and best practices;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead an integrated ministry and program infrastructure to deliver multiple programs across multi service delivery locations and excellence;
- Proven experience working with people in poverty and other vulnerable urban populations, understanding their complex needs, demonstrating an understanding of client challenges, acting in the role of advocate to ensure the safety and dignity of all clients served, and measuring meaningful outcomes of programs and services;
- Excellent verbal and written communicator who is able to adjust messaging to engage and connect with a variety of audiences including client constituencies, community agencies, donors, partners, and churches;
- Experience and ability to communicate effectively and be an influencer with media outlets and government bodies;
- Proven ability to lead engaged and high performing teams including team development and performance optimization.
This search is being conducted on behalf of The Scott Mission by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit/charitable sector.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates to be received by September 23, 2019. Please include your cover letter and resume as two separate documents, to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com
Questions about the position? Contact Janice Wooster at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.388.4049 / 1.866.647.5149.