CEO, Embrave Agency to End Violence
(Formerly: Interim Place)
The CEO is responsible for the leadership, administration and management of Embrave. This position is responsible for ensuring that the Board-approved goals, directions, policies and procedures are met, within budget, and in accordance with agency values.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- Seven to 10 years of leading a social services agency, ideally within the VAW sector
- High EQ with empathy and front-line experience in vulnerable sector
- Related University Degree: Business Degree in Non-Profit Management, MBA or equivalent experience
- Experience managing staff in a unionized environment
- Demonstrated commitment to, and knowledge of, community services
- Strong leadership, management and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with a non-profit Board of Directors
- Extensive knowledge and commitment to a feminist/women’s issues organization, with anti-racist and anti-oppression dedication to violence against women and issues related to diversity
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks with established deadlines and work effectively within the team
- Extensive experience in Social Services, specifically in shelters
- Familiarity with service delivery models
- Must know and appreciate the skills required to work in a VAW environment to care for self, staff and clients
What Embrave offers you:
- A competitive salary: $130,000 - $140,000
- Four weeks of vacation
- 5 percent RRSP annual matching contribution
- Reimbursement for education/conferences to a maximum of $5,000
- An extended health and benefit program
This search is being conducted on behalf of Embrave by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this information – we would be pleased to connect with them.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To submit your application by March 6, 2023, please visit the job description for this role at https://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/#/posting/PR-249 on the Job Openings page of the crawfordconnect website. Then click on the APPLY button to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents. Issues with applying? Email [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about the position, please contact Liz Latimer at [email protected] or at 416.690.5377.