Location: Waterloo Region
Supportive Housing of Waterloo (SHOW) is a non-profit charitable organization founded in Waterloo in 2010. SHOW develops and maintains affordable housing complete with support services in the City of Waterloo for people who are homeless or hard-to-house.
Applications are being accepted for a skilled non-profit leader for the role of Executive Director. This role is accountable to the Board of Directors for the achievement of the strategic directions in keeping with the vision, mission and values of Supportive Housing of Waterloo (SHOW). This position will provide leadership to staff, volunteers and community partners, ensure sound management of the organization, and develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
SHOW is seeking to meet candidates with the following:
Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- A values-driven, democratic visionary leader with strong ability to collaborate and build partnerships
- 7 to 10 years of progressive management experience in a non-profit like-sized organization; Three years of experience as an executive director or senior leader in a not-for-profit.
- Transitional leadership experience to lead SHOW to meet the growing needs of the community
- A change agent who can quickly assess the organization’s assets and make strides in the short term with long term success
- A forward thinker who is able to manage day-to-day operations while identifying opportunities and developing strategies and plans for the future
- Adds to the overall health of the organization and maintains productivity, even during a period of transition and growth
- Exceptional communicator with strong written and oral communication skills who speaks well in public forums
- A relationship builder with the demonstrated ability to reach out and strengthen relationships with the Region and local organizations
- Strong business acumen
- Understanding of Board governance
- Effective negotiation skills with the ability to influence others including the team, community, donors, sponsors, and other stakeholders
- Flexibility to manage diverse needs, changing and extensive demands, of an evolving organization
- A balance of strategic thinking and hands-on leadership
- Experience with directing and supporting fundraising and grant processes
- Passion for the cause, combined with empathy and compassion for the people SHOW serves, resilience
- Knowledge of and/or experience with homelessness, addiction, and/or mental health
- Active involvement in local affordable and supportive housing initiatives
- A connection to the Waterloo Region
- Experience in building & property management
- University degree or equivalent experience working in leadership roles in the non-profit sector
Salary and Benefit Information
- $80,000 - $110,000 commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive Group Benefit Plan including medical, dental and wellness services through SunLife
This search is being conducted on behalf of Supportive Housing of Waterloo by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence.
To submit your application by November 5, 2021, please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/
Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
Issues with applying? Please email email@example.com.
For more information about the position, please contact Liz Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.690.5377.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.