Principal Gifts Fundraisers
(Minimum 2-year contract with the option to extend)
Greater Toronto Area
Mackenzie Health Foundation
Established in 1977, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $142 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities. With the mission to motivate inspirational gifts, we are proud of our long tradition of partnership with our generous community. Mackenzie Health is a dynamic regional healthcare provider serving a population of more than a half million people across York Region and beyond. Nationally recognized for its commitment to safety and quality patient care, we are a healthcare leader with a wide variety of academic partners. It includes Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, the future Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, as well as a comprehensive network of community-based services in Richmond Hill, Vaughan and the surrounding communities.
Positions: Multiple Principal Gifts Fundraisers
An Opportunity Like No Other
It takes an extraordinary group of dedicated volunteers and staff, under the direction of AFP GTA’s 2017 Outstanding Fundraising Professional, to help build a state-of-the-art hospital. Mackenzie Health Foundation continues to broaden its dynamic team and you could join us! The Foundation has recognized the varying needs of accomplished, proven fundraisers who are eligible to apply for these positions. As a result, flex time is an option. Whether you’re planning to retire in the next few years or returning to your career following a maternity leave – maybe you only want to work part-time – or continue full-time but you’re worried about the commute, if this posting piques your interest and you meet the criteria below, don’t hesitate to pursue a unique opportunity to change the trajectory of your career!
The Foundation is spearheading the $250-million Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign – the largest fundraising drive led by a community hospital in Canada – to help build and equip Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital and enhance care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. Having raised more than $118 million to date, the Foundation is hiring multiple Principal Gifts fundraisers to help bring this campaign to fruition.
As a Principal Gifts fundraiser for Mackenzie Health Foundation, you will work closely with the leadership of Mackenzie Health and senior community volunteer cabinet members to research, cultivate and secure 5 and 6 figure gifts.
The Foundation is open to flexible work arrangements or a reduced work week.
You are an exceptional front-line fundraiser who develops high value relationships with donors. Your background and passion for healthcare philanthropy shows a consistent track record of delivering gifts in the 5-6 figure range. You are an excellent networker with extensive experience developing and presenting proposals that offer targeted giving opportunities reflecting donor expectations and achieving strategic and fundraising targets. You bring healthcare foundation experience in a capital campaign environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in fundraising with a demonstrated track record of closing 5 and 6 figure gifts required
- Knowledge of and experience with campaigns preferred
- Extremely effective interpersonal skills with a professional presence and manner, and capable of exercising independent judgment, initiative and flexibility
- Healthcare or not-for-profit experience
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, work proactively, and manage competing priorities in a complex environment.
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills combined with a strong attention to detail
- Superb critical and analytical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills with an ability to tell a story through metrics
- Excellent oral and written skills with a demonstrated ability to write effectively and persuasively and present to diverse groups
- Strong computer skills, including experience with MS Office software applications and demonstrated knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Required to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Familiarity with Mackenzie Health’s catchment area is an asset
- Mackenzie Health Foundation is open to flexible work arrangements or a reduced work week.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Mackenzie Health Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
By May 13, 2019, please upload your cover letter and resume as two separate documents to our website http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/dccjob/53/.
Questions about the position? Contact Cynthia Armour at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.977.2913 or 1.866.647.5149
Issues with applying? Email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and a brief description of the issue.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.