Multiple Principal Gifts Officers
(Minimum 2-year contract with the option to extend)
Greater Toronto Area
Mackenzie Health Foundation
Established in 1977, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $142 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. With the mission to motivate inspirational gifts, we are proud of our long tradition of partnership with our generous community. Mackenzie Health is a dynamic regional healthcare provider serving a population of more than a half million people across York Region and beyond. Nationally recognized for its commitment to safety and quality patient care, Mackenzie Health is a healthcare leader with a wide variety of academic partners. It includes Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, the future Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, as well as a comprehensive network of community-based services in Richmond Hill, Vaughan and the surrounding communities.
Positions: Multiple Principal Gifts Officers
An Opportunity Like No Other
Imagine saying “I helped build a new hospital!” If you are wanting to make real impact, then this may be the career opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
Mackenzie Health Foundation is spearheading the $250-million Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign – the largest fundraising drive led by a community hospital in Canada – to help build and equip Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital and enhance care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. Having raised more than $118 million to date, the Foundation is hiring multiple Principal Gift Officers to help bring this campaign to fruition.
As a Principal Gifts Officer for Mackenzie Health Foundation, you will work closely with the leadership of Mackenzie Health and senior community volunteer cabinet members to bring in 5 and 6 figure gifts.
The Foundation is open to flexible work arrangements or a reduced work week.
You are an exceptional front-line fundraiser who develops high value relationships with donors. Your background and passion for healthcare philanthropy shows a consistent track record of delivering gifts in the 5-6 figure range. You are an excellent networker with extensive experience developing and presenting proposals that offer targeted giving opportunities reflecting donor expectations and achieving strategic and fundraising targets. You bring healthcare foundation experience in a capital campaign environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in fundraising with a demonstrated track record of closing 5 and 6 figure gifts required
- Knowledge of and experience with campaigns preferred
- Extremely effective interpersonal skills with a professional presence and manner, and capable of exercising independent judgment, initiative and flexibility
- Healthcare or not-for-profit experience
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, work proactively, and manage competing priorities in a complex environment.
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills combined with a strong attention to detail
- Superb critical and analytical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills with an ability to tell a story through metrics
- Excellent oral and written skills with a demonstrated ability to write effectively and persuasively and present to diverse groups
- Strong computer skills, including experience with MS Office software applications and demonstrated knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Required to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Familiarity with Mackenzie Health’s catchment area is an asset
- Mackenzie Health Foundation is open to flexible work arrangements or a reduced work week.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Mackenzie Health Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
By March 22, 2019, please upload your cover letter and resume to our website http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/dccjob/principal-gifts-officers-53/.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.