The Community Foundation of Mississauga (the Foundation) is a charitable public foundation established in 2001 whose mission is to create sustainable support for community needs in Mississauga by building partnerships with donors and stakeholders who establish endowed and other related funds, to maximize our community impact by ensuring that we identify and understand community needs, and to invest in solutions. The Foundation is a member in good standing of Community Foundations of Canada.
The Community Foundation of Mississauga, that manages assets of $22 million, serves the people and neighbourhoods of Mississauga from Port Credit in the south to Meadowvale in the north. Working with our donors and the broader community, we invest in building strong and resilient places to live, work and play. Governed by a nine-member Board of Directors, the Foundation is federally incorporated as a non-profit corporation.
Position: Manager Corporate Partnerships & Events
The Manager, Corporate Partnerships & Events is responsible for the Foundation’s operational fundraising programs which will raise approximately $150,000 this year. Primary program areas are the Partnership Program and the Special Events portfolio. In consultation with the President & CEO, the Manager sets the strategic direction for the programming to achieve financial and program goals. He/she develops a business plan, program development and relationship building strategies, program reports and analyses. The successful candidate will have full responsibility for the Partnership Program development, partner prospect cultivation and solicitation, and all aspects of Special Events.
We are seeking to meet candidates who bring the following:
- An energetic event specialist with a minimum of 5 - 7 years progressive experience in major fundraising special events and sponsorships with a strong command of best practices. Ideally experience is with a minimum of two like-sized organizations.
- Experience identifying, securing and stewarding major partners and sponsors – solid business development skills.
- Project management, budgeting and program analysis experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills; demonstrated ability to establish productive working relationships with volunteers, vendors and staff.
- Advanced social media expertise.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and ability to work efficiently and strategically under pressure.
- Advanced computer skills in Raiser’s Edge (ability to run queries, add call notes), and Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to make a 3 – 5 year commitment and work flexible hours, including some evenings.
- Adaptable and a desire to learn all aspects of a successful community foundation.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in communications, marketing, public relations, fundraising or related discipline is desirable.
- Interest in working toward Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) qualification.
- Knowledge of Mississauga.
- $73,000 - $80,000.
This search is being conducted on behalf of the Community Foundation of Mississauga by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting fundraisers and leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector.
To apply, please visit http://www.crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/dccjob/Manager-Corporate-Partnerships-and-Events-57/. Select the “Apply” button to upload your cover letter and resume by February 22, 2019.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If someone you know may be interested in this position please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.