Two Positions: 2 Officers, Community Giving
(Permanent positions: Greater Toronto Area)
Mackenzie Health is a dynamic regional healthcare provider serving a population of more than a half million people across York Region and beyond. Nationally recognized for its commitment to safety and quality patient care, Mackenzie Health is a healthcare leader with a wide variety of academic partners. Mackenzie Health includes Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, the future Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, as well as a comprehensive network of community-based services in Richmond Hill, Vaughan and the surrounding communities.
Mackenzie Health's vision is to create a world-class health experience. This means delivering quality, compassionate and timely patient-centered care. It means that everything we do is focused on our patients and community.
Mackenzie Health Foundation
Established in 1977, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $142 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. With the mission to inspire inspirational gifts, we are proud of our long tradition of partnership with our generous community.
The Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign
Mackenzie Health Foundation is spearheading the $250-million Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign – the largest fundraising drive led by a community hospital in Canada – to help build and equip Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital and enhance care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. The campaign will help build an outstanding state-of-the-art hospital and purchase the leading-edge equipment and technology that will attract and inspire best-in-class specialists and health care teams at both its hospitals. To date, the Foundation has attracted over $113 million towards the campaign. A lead transformational pledge from Magna International Inc. of $10-million will name the emergency department at Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, the Magna Emergency.
Reporting to the Director, Community Giving, the 2 Officers, Community Giving, will help build relationships with members of the community and drive revenue in support of the $250 million Exceptional Care Belongs Here Campaign and beyond. Together with the Community Giving team, the Officer, Community Giving partners with a team of volunteers dedicated to community giving and focuses on employee groups, service clubs, individuals, corporations and foundations at the range of $1,000 to $100,000 through personal solicitation, targeted direct marketing, community events and crowd funding. Develops and promotes engagement and stewardship events that deliver an exceptional donor-centric experience in alignment with operations across the Foundation.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in front-line fundraising, the most recent in major gifts fundraising or relevant experience required.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience with a demonstrated track record of achievement in securing major gifts (low 5 figure gifts up to 6 figure gifts) or key accounts management front – facing with donors or clients. Brings experience leading own relationship development.
- Strong presentation skills and experience presenting to large groups
- Target donor audience: community groups, employee groups, service clubs, small/medium business and foundations
- Experience in the following solicitation methods is an asset: personal solicitation, direct marketing, community events and crowd funding.
- Displays an exceptional level of professionalism, knowledge, productivity, and high ethical standards.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and set priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Strong computer skills with a background in donor/prospect databases (experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Strong team player with proven collaboration skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to interact effectively with individuals across the organization and demonstrates tact.
- Able to maintain and work with confidential information.
- Prepared to respond to a fast-paced changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability with respect to working hours.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Access to a vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s licence.
- University degree /college diploma in relevant field required.
- Healthcare or not-for-profit experience an asset.
- Major Gift and capital campaign experience.
- Experience working with diverse cultures.
- Second language an asset.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Mackenzie Health Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
Please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/dccjob/officer-community-giving-54/. Select the 'Apply Now’ button up top to upload your cover letter and resume by November 26, 2018.
For additional information, please reach out to Cynthia Armour at 416.977.2913 / 1.866.647.5149. We request all applications be submitted online only. For technical issues, please contact email@example.com.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.