Director of Fundraising and Donor Relations
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Indwell is a Christian charity creating affordable housing communities to support people seeking health, wellness, and belonging. Indwell offers a continuum of housing supports and services within the different communities it serves including Hamilton, Woodstock and Simcoe, and growing into new communities including projects already underway in Mississauga and London.
Founded 44 years ago, Indwell is now the fastest growing affordable housing provider in Ontario. It has expanded to provide housing supports and services to more than over 500 people. Indwell’s housing supports range from residential care facilities to clinical supports for mental health and addictions, and independent apartments with supports. Indwell’s innovative approach to creating sustainable solutions to homelessness has made it Canada’s largest developer of multi-residential of Passive Design Housing.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Its supports and services are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell engages with diverse communities: we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services.
Indwell is embarking on a process of strategically growing its fundraising and donor development activities, and its fundraising team, and is looking to hire an experienced fundraising professional to develop the fundraising strategy, giving programs and to build a fundraising team to meet its strategic vision of transformed lives across Ontario.
Reporting to the Executive Director, and in collaboration with a fundraising team, the Director of Fundraising and Donor Relations will lead the development of Indwell’s fundraising strategy and activities. Responsible for developing a strategic fundraising plan with senior management and recruiting a fundraising team, the Director of Fundraising and Donor Relations will lead the effort to implement the infrastructure necessary for a successful fund development program. As the leader of the fundraising team, the Director will develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising program with a focus on major gifts.
- Commitment to Indwell’s mission, vision and faith statement.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in major gift fundraising and a proven track record soliciting and closing gifts of $25,000 plus
- Experience working on capital campaigns
- Experience working in fundraising organizations; clear understanding of how to build a robust fund development program
- Good interpersonal skills and the well-honed ability to interact meaningfully with senior leaders
- Strong relationship builder
- Experience with databases and donor software for the support of a charitable organization
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel in regions where Indwell operates
- Able to work in Hamilton
- Preference for working in small fundraising shops
- A Bachelor’s degree or community college diploma
- Flexible and able to respond to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Creative, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Confident & strong on emotional intelligence
- Collaborative and a multi-tasker
- A helpful nature; respective of all stakeholders regardless of position. Brings grace and humility and is a strong team player.
- CFRE designation or related professional certification (an asset)
- Experience fundraising in the social service/ homelessness/ mental health care sector (an asset)
- Experience working with faith communities (an asset)
This search is being conducted on behalf of Indwell by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting non-profit & charitable professionals for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
To submit your resume, please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/dccjob/director-of-fundraising-and-donor-relations-49/. Select the 'Apply' button to upload your resume and cover letter by November 21, 2018.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.