Location: Orangeville, Ontario
Headwaters Health Care Centre, located in the growing community of Orangeville and serving the communities in Dufferin County, Town of Caledon and beyond including Orangeville, Erin, Caledon, Bolton, Mono and Shelburne. Orangeville is located 45 minutes north of Toronto. Headwaters Health Care Centre is a medium-size acute care hospital and complex continuing care facility, offering both inpatient and outpatient services, as well as an Emergency Department with 24/7 coverage.
Founded in 1984, Headwaters Health Care Foundation devotes its energy to cultivate, sustain and grow the gifts of thousands of donors to support their health care close to home. On the cusp of another period of growth, the Foundation increases its assets to perpetuate a tradition of heath care excellence. Its’ efforts focus on modernizing medical equipment, strengthening infrastructure, enhancing services, meeting local priority needs and achieving the hospital’s mandate.
Since the opening of the current hospital building in 1997, the Foundation has led successful a capital campaign, raising $16 million for a new Ambulatory Care Centre (recently opened). The Foundation’s next capital campaign, to include a new Emergency Department, is in the early planning phase with hospital leadership.
The Foundation and Hospital Board, as well as the hospital senior leadership and medical staff, are extremely supportive and participate in events as well as community outreach.
The Executive Director provides visionary leadership and strategic direction to Headwaters Health Care Foundation and is responsible to the Board of Directors for building the Foundation’s donor base and providing strategic advice, executive leadership and senior managerial oversight of key decisions, initiatives and management of human and financial resources. The Executive Director will develop key strategic donor relationships to encourage ongoing contributions to the Foundation and work with the CEO, Senior Leadership Team, physicians and staff of Headwaters Health Care Centre to identify capital equipment and redevelopment needs. The Executive Director is instrumental in implementing, leading, building, expanding and managing the day-to-day operational effectiveness, fundraising capacity and community awareness of Headwaters Health Care Foundation.
- Relevant experience (10+ years) in a senior management or an executive role; preferably in the non-profit sector.
- University degree in Business Administration or Commerce or a suitable combination of related experience and education.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Canadian health care system and hospital foundations.
- Proven fundraising success with individuals, corporations, foundations and community organizations.
- Experience managing/leading a capital campaign as a volunteer or staff person.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to effectively and passionately communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with people in a variety of levels and types of organizations, including with senior leaders.
- Familiarity and experience in working with and supporting effective governance board members.
- Exceptional collaborative leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to engage, inspire, coach and sustain high value contributions from staff and volunteers.
- Ability to develop and execute effective strategies and practical plans (including projects and programs) that deliver promised results.
- Understanding and experience of best practices in operating and meeting the statutory and regulatory obligations of a non-profit organization.
- Ability to lead the research, documentation and advocacy for health care needs and priorities in a community.
- Proven financial and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with donor database management software and/or CRM software.
- CFRE designation (or related professional certification) is a preferred asset.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Headwaters Health Care Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
By September 10, 2018, please apply with both your cover letter and resume through our website at http://jobs.crawfordconnect.com/jobposting.asp?WebJobPostingsID=46. After applying through our online portal, you will receive a notification confirming receipt of your application submission.
Questions about the position? Please reach out to Michelle Lalonde at 416.699.5199.
Issues with applying? Please call 1.866. 647.5149 or email email@example.com
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online through our website in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.