Manager, Communications, Marketing & Stewardship
Mackenzie Health is a dynamic regional healthcare provider serving a population of more than a half million people across York Region and beyond. Nationally recognized for its commitment to safety and quality patient care, Mackenzie Health is a healthcare leader with a wide variety of academic partners. Mackenzie Health includes Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, the future Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, as well as a comprehensive network of community-based services in Richmond Hill, Vaughan and the surrounding communities.
Mackenzie Health's vision is to create a world-class health experience. This means delivering quality, compassionate and timely patient-centered care. It means that everything we do is focused on our patients and community.
Mackenzie Health Foundation
Established in 1977, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $142 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. With the mission to inspire inspirational gifts, we are proud of our long tradition of partnership with our generous community.
The Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign
Mackenzie Health Foundation is spearheading the $250-million Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign – the largest fundraising drive led by a community hospital in Canada – to help build and equip Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital and enhance care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. The campaign will help build an outstanding state-of-the-art hospital and purchase the leading-edge equipment and technology that will attract and inspire best-in-class specialists and health care teams at both its hospitals. To date, the Foundation has attracted over $103 million towards the campaign. A lead transformational pledge from Magna International Inc. of $10-million will name the emergency department at Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, the Magna Emergency. Most recently, the Foundation announced its largest gift to date: a $20 million donation on behalf of the De Gasperis and Kohn families, which will be recognized by the naming of the Learning Centre and Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, Marketing and Stewardship, this role is focused on managing the Foundation’s Communications, Marketing and Stewardship team (4) and its core programs. This role will take the lead on the planning, project management and successful delivery of core communications programs and activities including the annual report, communications and stewardship support for the annual, major and community fundraising programs, and content management for the all social media channels and website. Key accountabilities include development of project plans and timelines, active management and budget oversight and implementation of approved project plans to ensure successful delivery and writing support as needed for core communication products and materials required across the Foundation.
- Minimum of 3 years’ effectively leading a high performing communications team.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in a senior communications role ideally within the not-for-profit sector.
- Excellent understanding of communications principles and strategies related to diverse constituent groups.
- Knowledge of stewardship principles and best practices is strongly desired and considered an asset.
- Previous experience in managing the development of an annual report with an excellent working knowledge of design and the print/production process.
- Expertise focused on the fundraising side for nonprofits developing and implementing marketing and communications plans, strategies and budgets.
- Excellent project management skills and proven ability to lead the overall management and successful execution of integrated project plans, timelines and deliverables within budget.
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work with senior executives.
- Highly developed writing and editing skills; able to explain and communicate complex topics into simple language.
- Solid prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated good judgment; professionalism and integrity.
- University degree or college diploma in communications or related field of study.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Mackenzie Health Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
By August 20, 2018 apply with your cover letter and resume to http://jobs.crawfordconnect.com/jobposting.asp?WebJobPostingsID=43. We request all applications be submitted online only. After applying through our online portal, you will receive a notification, confirming receipt of your application submission.
Questions about the position? Please reach out to Michelle Lalonde at 416.699.5199.
Issues with applying? Please call 1.866.647.5149 or email email@example.com.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.