Interim Human Resources Manager
The Etobicoke Children’s Centre (The ECC) is a non-profit charitable organization accredited by the Canadian Centre for Accreditation. The ECC is dedicated to providing services to children, youth and their families who experience challenges related to mental health and autism. The ECC works in collaboration with its clients and stakeholder to address the needs of children and youth and to promote mental health and autism awareness in the community.
Reporting to the Executive Director, and a member of the Leadership & Management team, the Interim HR Manager’s contract is a dual role: as Interim HR Manager and secondly, as Project Manager, to deliver on key projects during the contract period.
As Interim HR Manager, you will oversee the daily operations of the human resources function at The Etobicoke Children’s Centre. The responsibilities and deliverables for this project will include: day-to-day management of all HR related functions and providing human resource related counsel, leading organizational initiatives, making long-term hiring recommendations and liaising with internal and external stakeholders. Key projects include: conducting an audit of the current state of HR within The ECC and making recommendations for current policies, systems, processes and areas for improvement.
Note: there is the opportunity to hire permanently for this role.
The ECC is looking for an Interim HR generalist who is knowledgeable in all aspects of human resources management to start in September. Candidates with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- HR generalist with 5 – 7 yrs at the HR Manager level
- Understanding of the Non-Profit Sector and its resources
- Experienced at job design
- Strong employee relations experience with labour relations
- Proficiency with: compensation and benefits, organizational development, recruitment and retention, and change management strategies
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of labour laws, human rights, WSIB and other applicable employment legislation
- Demonstrated ability to handled sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field
- CHRP designation an asset
By August 3, 2018, please apply with both your cover letter and resume through our website at http://jobs.crawfordconnect.com/jobposting.asp?WebJobPostingsID=40.
For additional information, please reach out to Janice Wooster at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.388.4049. We request all applications to be submitted online only. For technical issues, please contact email@example.com or 1.866.647.5149.
This search is being conducted on behalf of The Etobicoke Children’s Centre by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.