Manager Communications & Donor Relations
Founded in 1986, the Montfort Hospital Foundation has devoted its energies to cultivate, sustain and grow support of thousands of donors. On the cusp of another period of robust growth, the Foundation increases its assets to perpetuate a tradition of excellence. Its efforts centre on modernizing medical equipment, strengthening infrastructures, enhancing services, meeting priority needs and achieving the hospital’s dual teaching and research mandate.
In the last decade, the Montfort Hospital Foundation has led successful capital campaigns, raising $14.5 million for the major hospital expansion and renovations and to purchase a CT Scanner with a specialized Cardiac Module for the hospital. The Foundation’s next capital campaign will be for the Orléans Health Hub project that involves the construction of a new facility at the corner of Mer-Bleue Road and Brian Coburn Boulevard in Orléans. The hub will bring together several health and community service partner organizations to respond to client needs within a comprehensive service delivery model of care.
The Foundation also has signature and third-party events, annual giving, and major gifts initiatives in its fundraising, soliciting donations and providing recognition. They promote the hospital’s financial survival while enabling it to achieve its mission.
The Manager Communications & Donor Relations
Reporting to the Vice-President Philanthropy, the Manager, Communications & Donor Relations is responsible for developing and executing all Foundation marketing and promotion efforts, media relations and donor stewardship, communications and activities with the goal of informing and inspiring support for the Foundation.
- Creates personalized donor correspondence/impact reports in response to special interests and requests of donors
- Works closely with Foundation colleagues to build and coordinate stewardship and recognition programs (and calendars) that enrich relationships between donors and the Foundation/Hospital
- Develops an annual calendar of donor appreciation activities and reports to ensure exceptional donor stewardship
- Integrates stewardship/recognition opportunities into Foundation events
Internal/External Communications & Marketing:
- Works collaboratively with colleagues in support of all communications and marketing initiatives of the Foundation
- Creates and implements the annual communications plan and calendar
- In conjunction with the President & CEO and VP Philanthropy, creates opportunities to communicate and disseminate messages and stories that resonate with donors through internal publications (Website, Social Media platforms, Annual Report, Hospital publications, events, etc.) and through external sources (news releases, print and electronic media, etc.)
- Prepares speaking notes/scripts for organizational spokespeople (e.g. CEO, senior staff, volunteers, donor testimonials)
- Provides communication support to the CEO as required
- Writes donor newsletters, acknowledgement letters, funding proposals, impact reports, etc. with input from senior staff
- Ensures that key messages are integrated into annual fund programs (signature & community events, direct mail appeals, etc.)
- Oversees ongoing updates and new content to Foundation website and social media platforms
- Establishes relationships with marketing resources in the community (e.g. graphic design, photographers, printers, and other suppliers) and coordinates supplier workflow/budget
- Maintains Foundation brand identity standards across the organization
- In consultation with the President & CEO and the VP, Philanthropy, oversees the development of promotional, campaign, fund raising and stewardship materials
- Writes promotional materials, website content and Social Media platforms, patient/donor stories, publications and other donor communication materials as required
- Supports Foundation colleagues in the development of marketing and communication materials for Foundation events and programs
- Ensures appropriate use and quality control of French and English in all publications and in event programs
- Develops and maintains a story and photo bank
- Develops and ensures good relations with the media; maintains updated media lists
- Identifies and implements proactive media opportunities, story ideas and earned media/editorial opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Writes press releases, pitches stories and responds to or redirects media calls
- Oversees the preparation and roll out of media releases in both official languages
- Writes scenarios, coordinates logistics and provides onsite media relations during events; produces fact sheets and media kits
Education, Experience & Technical Skills
- Fluently bilingual French and English (oral, verbal and written); a natural writer and editor in both languages
- At least five years of communications experience related fundraising in non-profit, preferably in healthcare
- Experience in communications across all platforms (websites, social media, marketing, presentations, (publishing experience is an asset)
- Strength in relationship building with team, donors, volunteers, suppliers
- Engaging with stakeholders and hospital staff, high energy
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to multi-task
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or a related communication field
This search is being conducted on behalf of Fondation Montfort Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
By July 23, 2018, please apply with both your cover letter and resume through our website at http://jobs.crawfordconnect.com/jobposting.asp?WebJobPostingsID=39
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website or by email to our consultant, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.