Founded in 1986, the Montfort Hospital Foundation has devoted its energies to cultivate, sustain and grow support of thousands of donors. On the cusp of another period of robust growth, the Foundation increases its assets to perpetuate a tradition of excellence. Its efforts centre on modernizing medical equipment, strengthening infrastructures, enhancing services, meeting priority needs and achieving the hospital’s dual teaching and research mandate.
In the last decade, the Montfort Hospital Foundation has led successful capital campaigns, raising $14.5 million for the major hospital expansion and renovations and to purchase a CT Scanner with a specialized Cardiac Module for the hospital. The Foundation’s next capital campaign will be for the Orléans Health Hub project that involves the construction of a new facility at the corner of Mer-Bleue Road and Brian Coburn Boulevard in Orléans. The hub will bring together several health and community service partner organizations to respond to client needs within a comprehensive service delivery model of care.
The Foundation also has signature and third-party events, annual giving, and major gifts initiatives in its fundraising, soliciting donations and providing recognition. They promote the hospital’s financial survival while enabling it to achieve its mission.
The Vice-President Philanthropy
The VP Philanthropy will provide support to the President & CEO in the development and implementation of a 3-year strategic fund development growth plan. He/she will lead the creation and execution of fundraising plans and measure the effectiveness of the annual and major gift performance. The VP will carry their own portfolio of prospects and will develop and deepen relationships with these donors. As a liaison between the Foundation and external stakeholders, the VP will be highly collaborative and will lead and manage and develop his/her team.
Major Gift Fundraising: (60%)
- Develops, manages and assesses the Foundation’s major gifts strategy and plan;
- Identifies contacts with corporations, foundations, individuals and community groups to determine the potential for securing donations in the range of $10,000 plus; works with President & CEO on prospect clearance;
- In consultation with the President & CEO, identifies, recruits and provides support to senior volunteers to facilitate volunteer solicitation of potential donors;
- Solicits (personally or by way of written proposal) and closes individual major gift donations;
- Develops and maintains in-depth relationships with donors and prospective donors with the end goal of meeting the donor’s philanthropic needs and securing a major gift;
- Monitors financial and non-financial strategies/progress monthly and initiates back-up plans when necessary so that fundraising targets will be met;
- Participates in various meetings with the President & CEO and the Manager, Communications & Stewardship to brainstorm ideas/strategies to best communicate with, demonstrate impact to and steward major donors to the Foundation;
- Creates and implements appropriate cultivation and solicitation strategies for each potential donor; develops strategies with the President & CEO on complex and large major gifts;
- Works in collaboration with and provides input to the Manager, Communications & Donor Relations for written materials including case statements, fundraising proposals, reporting requirements, thank you letters, publications and other correspondence to donors.
Directing and Growing Annual Fund Programs: (30%)
- In addition to the duties outlined in the Planning, Development & Management of Annual and Major Gift Programs above:
- Directs the work of the Manager, Annual Programs in all areas including: direct response, monthly giving, mid-level giving, planned giving, employee and physician giving, grateful patient giving and special events; directs the work of the Special Events Coordinator;
- In consultation with staff, creates annual fund development plan with prioritized goals, objectives, growth strategies and targets for each program;
- Ensures donor retention, upgrade and growth tracking and strategies are following best practices;
- Identifies and promotes strategic opportunities for integration between the various revenue streams (major gifts, gift planning, annual giving, events, etc.);
- Coaches and supports staff to ensure achievement of goals.
Planning, Development & Management of Foundation Fundraising Programs: (10%)
- Oversees and provides direction to all fundraising programs of the Foundation;
- Develops annual operating plan and budget including key activities, growth targets, staff lead and performance measures for the annual giving and major gift programs;
- Monitors this plan monthly and addresses issues as they arise;
- Develops monthly fundraising results, reports and provides to the President & CEO for information and decision making;
- Continually plans, executes and evaluates fundraising programs against the strategic priorities set by the President & CEO;
- Assists the President & CEO with human resource functions; implements a performance management process for direct reports including an annual performance review against pre-set goals and targets; disciplines staff when necessary using appropriate human resource techniques and practices;
- Directs the work of the Database Coordinator to ensure that the capability of the fundraising software to capture accurate and timely data is maximized and to track fundraising activities and actions;
- Achieves fundraising targets.
Education, Experience & Technical Skills
- Fluently bilingual French and English (oral, verbal and written);
- At least five - seven years of related experience in a senior fundraising position;
- Experience with major gifts, annual giving, and events management;
- Results oriented;
- Skilled at collaboration to achieve desired outcomes and a strong negotiator;
- Ability to build and sustain relationships;
- A team leader and organized time manager;
- Strong communication skills in writing, editing, and presenting;
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in public administration or related field; Master’s degree an asset;
- Fundraising (CFRE) or similar certification is an asset.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Fondation Montfort Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
By July 2, 2018, please apply with both your cover letter and resume through our website at http://jobs.crawfordconnect.com/jobposting.asp?WebJobPostingsID=35
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website or by email to our consultant, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.